Promver a IGUALDADE DE GÉNERO E CAPACITAÇÃO DAS MULHERES assenta na educação de raparigas e alfabetização e educação contínua de mulheres.
Devex.com is taking a poll on an important question that is key to achieving Millennium Development Goal 3.
Which actions should absorb more international development assistance in order to lift women out of poverty?
- Post-primary education: 38 percent
- Agriculture: 15 percent
- Employment inequality: 13 percent
- Property and inheritance rights: 10 percent
- Maternal health: 9 percent
- Violence against women: 7 percent
- Political opportunity: 6 percent
- Other: 2 percent
PROMOTE GENDER EQUALITY AND EMPOWER WOMEN
Eliminate gender disparity in primary and secondary education, preferably by 2005, and in all levels of education no later than 2015
- For girls in some regions, education remains elusive
- Poverty is a major barrier to education, especially among older girls
- In every developing region except the CIS, men outnumber women in paid employment
- Women are largely relegated to more vulnerable forms of employment
- Women are over-represented in informal employment, with its lack of benefits and security
- Top-level jobs still go to men — to an overwhelming degree
- Women are slowly rising to political power, but mainly when boosted by quotas and other special measures
3.2 Share of women in wage employment in the non-agricultural sector
3.3 Proportion of seats held by women in national parliament